Sunday, March 23, 2008

Well I've managed to work three whole days in my new area on the new crew in the past two weeks.  To say that it's a different experience is well... putting it mildly.  Talk about night and day in terms of attitudes, experience, and people.  I actually was thanked three times the other night and I had to sit and look at the first person that said it wondering if they were being sarcastic.

First call of the day was great.  Dispatched to suspicious activity in a rather upscale neighborhood.  When I arrive, I make contact with the caller inside her house.  She tells me that someone drove by her house threw something that hit her house before continuing on down the street.  When she heard the thud she ran to the window and saw the van driving down the street with the driver throwing things at houses randomly.  I take a quick look in the area that she indicated and find a newspaper....  

For the most part it's been boring and quiet.  I get off work early enough where I have nothing to do but wait for Jenni to get home so I partake of the precinct gym and run for an hour just to pass the time.  It is a much nicer gym, not to mention building compared to what I was used to at Northeast.  Even with the much shorter drive, general lack of drama, nicer building, better equipment, I miss Northeast.  Sometimes I sit and think that I made a mistake leaving.  Well it's only for six months....

1 comment:

4man said...

HA! that was hilarious Mr. Cubano! newspaper! I think you'll be just fine in your new home, and like you said, it's only for 6 months if they are too boring for you!