So here I am living for the next two weeks in the great state of Iowa. It's been a while since I slept in Iowa for more than 24 hours in a row and I'm still adjusting. Ugh this morning was so boring listening to Financial Investigations that I almost poked my eyeballs out. I had to amuse myself sending random text messages. Thank god for lunch time, I had a chance to recharge my batteries although I did avoid the dining facility like it was carrying the plague.
I took one look at the stir fried shrimp and out the door I went. I satisfied the pangs of hunger I was experiencing by mixing up a protein shake in my hotel room. Phew thank god I remembered to pack that, talk about a lifesaver. Chilled out for an hour before I drove back to post for another four hours that I wasn't looking forward to. Luckily after lunch the IRS guy was gone and we moved on to surveillance taught by one of the DEA guys. That moved along quite briskly as I found that mostly interesting. I did sit and piddle around with my phone reading the news for a bit. I debated on watching National Treasure but I figured that would be to blatant at this point so I abstained.
I can't wait until Friday so I can sleep in my own bed! YES! Jenni has to work all weekend so we won't have a chance to go out and do anything but at least she'll be sharing the bed with me. I did wake up a few times last night checking the other side of the bed before I remembered where I was. Kind of bummed me out but what can you do. It's only for a few more days so I'll just have to suck it up.
So I went downstairs and had Bennigans for dinner. I figure since the feds are paying for it, let's splurge and have the ribeye. Threw in a blue moon beer and sat with some people from the class. Quite honestly though I wasn't ready to hear about the code Brown from the 30 something chick whose name I don't even remember. What I really was surprised to hear was Jamaal ask me what a Code Brown was. It was worth the look on his face when I told him what it was to have heard her say it in the first place. I did pass on the invitation to head to the mall with them. I figured I'd learned a little too much during dinner time for me to hear more.

No comments:
Post a Comment